Monday, March 16, 2015

Residency Interviews

Good morning!

It's a wrap! I just finished the last of my residency interviews! This last month has been a crazy, exciting blur, and I am so thrilled to say that interviews went wonderfully.

Residency interviews are all different, but they always have one thing in common: the ability to learn more about the things you are most passionate about. Though I have accumulated a little bit of experience in pediatrics in Atlanta, going to visit different hospital systems really puts into perspective what different roles pharmacists can play. It also really reminded me of the reasons why I love pediatrics so much. In addition to attracting some of the most passionate, inspirational staff I've ever met, pharmacy is integrated into the pediatric care system like nowhere else. There was not a place I visited where pharmacy wasn't deeply involved in most if not all aspects of patient care. It's really thrilling that I might be able to finally be a part of that.

In addition to my fun on location at the hospitals, I also had a great time visiting a few cities I had never had the opportunity to visit before. In St.Pete, I hung out by the water with a fellow GA-PCOM student on rotation in Tampa. In Birmingham, I ate amazing pizza and Thai food with the hospitals amazing residents. And in Memphis, I explored the night life with three other pharmacy students vying for residencies.

The beautiful view in St. Petersburg


It's been an amazing ride, and now I just have to sit tight and wait for Match Day 2015!

See y'all then!

Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.