Friday, May 24, 2013

Research Day at PCOM

Hello everyone!

Every year at PCOM we have a school wide (across both Philly campus and Georgia) day to celebrate all things research. Since I am a research student for the School of Pharmacy I was especially excited this year to attend all the planned events. I was most excited about the school's poster presentation session since I was able to participate for the first time.

When I started research last July I had never been in a "real" lab before. I remember being really intimidated by how complicated everything seemed but I was so happy to have the opportunity to work that I couldn't keep the smile off of my face. I dove head first into my research project that summer and as school started back in the fall I tried my best to keep working full steam. It was a difficult journey but with the help of my research professor and mentor Dr. Eric Wang I was able to get a lot of really great work done. When it came time to work on my presentation for research day I knew I had done something to be proud of.

The poster presentation session started out with a keynote speech by Brian Hallas, Ph.D. that was live-streamed from the Philadelphia campus . We then moved on to actual presentations. We had so many great posters presented that day from both professors and students from all of our programs. I met and talked with so many new people from our school and was able to share with them my work. It was a really fantastic experience. I was really nervous to present at first but it ended up being a really positive experience. It was also really great to see how hard everyone had been working and to mingle and learn about different areas of research. 

Here are some photos of the event:





And last but not least my personal favorite photo!


After all the hard work I've put in this year I was thrilled to find out that I'd won first prize for the School of Pharmacy! 

All in all it was a great experience and I'm already looking forward to next year's event. I can't wait to see what everyone brings to present! 

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.